European Industry Partnerships Lighthouses to Thrive in the New Digital Age
5 November – Brussels, Belgium
Welcome to a vibrant research, innovation, development and deployment IoT ecosystem across Europe!
The event is organised by the IoT Large-Scale Pilots Programme with support from DG Connect and several European partnerships and industry associations.
Progress in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things/Industrial Internet of Things (IoT/IIoT), 5G, robotics, automation, will bring about technology-led transformations across all European industries creating new opportunities and benefits for key industrial sectors.
The event “European Industry Partnerships – Lighthouses to thrive in the New Digital Age” is initiating a coordinated approach to clearly define the future technological and application areas to be addressed by a new partnership for Horizon Europe on IoT/IIoT, smart networks, edge computing, AI at the edge, cloud considering the initial proposal of partnership with the working title Smart Networks and Services. The new partnership has the aim to bring new value added for European economy and society and not a continuation of on a business as usual approach without being in line with the criteria set by the EC.
The workshop is addressing the following aspects:
- Industrial perspective – opinions, views and statements from industrial stakeholders on leveraging future connectivity systems to develop opportunities in related areas, notably distributed edge computing for service provision and intelligent devices across different domains (IoT/IIoT).
- Relevant industrial use cases on how IoT/IIoT would benefit from resilient, low-latency, ultra-reliable and secure 5G and beyond infrastructures, capable of connecting a wide variety of intelligent devices, sensors/actuators, and machines/robots.
- Panel on the proposed European Partnership objective and impact (SWOT) and industry support/involvement. Discussions on the role and ambition of a possible partnership with the objective to maintain European leadership in the field of intelligent connectivity infrastructures, covering the hole value chain of IoT//IoT implementation stack whilst to develop/support applications in the vertical sectors and guarantee security of connected devices and critical infrastructures.
- Final discussions on “need to act now based on SWOT” through building a European partnership on IoT/IIoT, smart networks, edge computing, AI at the edge in the context of technology competitiveness of Europe in the global context.
Speakers from various industry sectors, research and academia, representatives from Member States and the EC will analyse and discuss the strategic directions, align the research priorities, identify the gaps and present their expectations for future research and innovation, and the impact of the new proposed European partnership for Horizon Europe.
For more information and registration contact: email@example.com
- European Industry Partnerships Collaborative Event – 17 April 2019, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- European Industry Partnerships for New Digital Age Event – 12 September 2019, Brussels, Belgium
Additional information and references:
- Strengthening Strategic Value Chains for a future-ready EU Industry, Report of the Strategic Forum for Important Projects of Common European Interest, November 2019 (New)
- Project GAIA-X, A Federated Data Infrastructure as the Cradle of a Vibrant European Ecosystem, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi), Berlin, Germany, October, 2019 (New)
- Smart Networks and IoT – Common topics for research and innovation in Horizon Europe, 5G IA and AIOTI, October 2019
- AIOTI response to public consultation on European Partnership for smart networks and services (Horizon Europe programme)
- Joint 5GIA-AIOTI Vision on Future Networks, Services and Applications – High societal and economic impact potentials for a collaborative approach in the Horizon Europe Programme, March 2019
- AIOTI – Research and Innovation Priorities for IoT – Industrial, Business and Consumer
- Advancing EU IoT Research and Innovation – AIOTI’s position on Horizon Europe and Digital Europe
- AIOTI Report on IoT Relation and Impact on 5G
- Ericsson Technology Review – Spotlight on the Internet of Things, Volume 99, 2019
- Innovation in Europe – Changing the game to regain a competitive edge, McKinsey Global Institute, October 2019
- 5G at the Edge, 5G Americas White Paper, October 2019
- The Five Myths of 5G – Misconceptions holding back the 5G market, and the facts you need to know. ABIResearch 2019
- Connecting Europe for a better future: Vodafone’s Policy Priorities, Vodafone White paper 2019-2024, 2019